As the province starts to loosen COVID-19 related restrictions, the University of Ottawa has put in place a plan to gradually resume operations in its research laboratories. The AEL AMS Laboratory will be resuming operations in a limited capacity as of June 1, 2020.
Please contact us BEFORE shipping any samples and include tracking numbers in your correspondence. To maintain a safe and healthy environment for our personnel, lab capacity has been limited and processing times may be longer than usual.
We thank you for your continued patience, do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
|DISCLAIMER: The AEL AMS Laboratory is a LOW-BACKGROUND laboratory, FREE OF ENRICHED MATERIAL OF ANY KIND (14C, Tritium). As a submitter, you warrant that your samples are free of any enriched material. If enriched material from the samples (or the packaging in which they are shipped) results in contamination of equipment or instrumentation requiring decontamination or replacement, significant charges will be incurred.|
Sample Submission Form
To submit samples for noble gas analysis, please email your completed submission form to email@example.com prior to shipping your samples.
Submission Form (Excel):
Submission Form (PDF):
Terms of Service AEL AMS Lab
Please include a printed copy of the submission form with your shipment.
If you require completed chain of custody forms, please let us know prior to shipping samples.
- Courier or ship samples with registered post (please indicate the tracking number in your correspondence).
- Please inform us prior to shipping if you are sending hazardous material.
- Classify material as, "Geologically inert samples for destructive scientific analysis - no commercial value".
- Send only the material you would like analyzed.
- Please return any crimpers or clamps if we provided equipment.
- Customs charges are the responsibility of the submitter; they will be added to your invoice.
Mailing AddressNoble Gas Laboratory
AEL-AMS Lab, University of Ottawa
Advanced Research Complex (ARC)
25 Templeton Street
K1N 6N5, Canada
613-562-5800 ext. 7981
Turnaround TimeCurrent Estimated Turnaround Time:
12 weeks (upon sample receipt)
Please inform us of any project deadlines, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
Important Sampling Information
- Please consult with us BEFORE shipping pressurized cylinders, high activity tritium samples, or samples for Radon analysis.
- Diffusion samplers will ship with a set of crimpers for field sampling. Please retain all parts of the diffusion sampler, these are to be shipped back with the samples and crimpers.
- Samples will not be analyzed without the silicon component of the sampler.
- If sampling using clamped Cu tubing (water or gas), please ensure there is at least 3 cm of tubing past the clamp for us to interface the sample with our prep system. Failure to do so may force us to re-clamp and cut the Cu tubing, at which point we cannot guarantee the integrity of the sample.